Thursday, January 17, 2019

Help Looking for a Job, Part 1

My very first job was working as a "Sack Boy" for Krogers in Hartselle, Alabama.

I was 16, the job paid $2.22 an hour and I worked between 20 and 30 hours most weeks.

My Mom worked for Kroger, so she got me hooked up.

It is very hard to find a job without good connections with good people. (Mom and Dad will ALWAYS be your best first connections).

YOU have to be a good/hard worker - but you also need people who know that and can help you out with information, recommendations, and advice.

I have always been able to find a job.

I started preaching when I was 14 years old. Became pastor of my first church when I was 20.

Terri and I married in 1976 - and we always had to have two or three jobs going at one time while I went to school (and I went to school FOREVER!). But we have always found work.

Cleaning offices late at night, Blue Jean Factory in Hartselle, Olan Mills Photography (selling, shooting, club plan delivery), Pencil Factory, dish-washer in the school cafeteria, Krogers (again, later).

Terri kept kids during and after they got out of school.

Evidently we'd do just about anything to pay the bills. All good memories and good experience.

From 1977 to 2004 I was a Full Time Pastor.

In 2006 I entered the world of the Bivocational Pastor.

But I guess, in the strictest sense, I have always been Multi-vocational. And thank the Lord!

I remember getting ready to walk out the door, saying, "I'm going to get a job!"

We would always find something.

I'm looking again!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment