Friday, March 1, 2019

Prayer in School?


Prayer in School?

Yes, I remember when I was in First Grade at the Flint Elementary School. Mrs. Ryan would have us all stand at the beginning of every school day. She taught us to recite the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag. I had never heard it or heard of it until she taught us. I repeat it often and lead my church congregation to repeat it often in our worship services.

Thank you Mrs. Ryan.

After saying the Pledge, she would lead us in reciting the Lord's Prayer. Again, I had never heard it before - I can still recite it now.

I am grateful.

But that was a different time and circumstances have dramatically changed.

Did you know that your child's (or grandchild's) teacher is a Muslim?

Or a Hindu?

A Buddhist?

There are many thousands of Educators today who are Atheists - what will THEY teach your child during prayer time at school?

I have no idea if Mrs. Ryan was a Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, Episcopalian, Catholic, Church of Christ, Assembly of God, Church of God, Nazarene, Mormon, or Jehovah's Witness.

I would not doubt that she was a Christian or attended a Christian Church of some kind, but I really do not know. I'm just guessing. The Pledge and the Lord's Prayer are pretty benign, but they were her choice, her decision. No one in school administration demanded that she have us perform these recitations, nor did anyone tell her what to promote.

There are still members of Jim Jones' People's Temple around that survived. I wonder if any of them are school teachers?!

David Koresh's Branch Davidians did not all die at Waco - where do THOSE people work?

Even members of the Manson Family are still floating around across our country.

Of course I'm being absurd - but to make a point that maybe you have not considered.

Your child's teacher might teach them to take a knee every time they hear the Pledge of Allegiance or the National Anthem.

No.

I do NOT want school teachers teaching my granddaughters how to pray, which scriptures (Torah, Talmud, Koran, Bhagavad Gita, etc.) to recite, or how to express their citizenship and patriotism.
I and their Grandmother and other Grand Parents will teach them. Their Great Grand Parents will teach them. Their Dad and Mom will teach them. Their Sunday School and Vacation Bible School teachers at church will teach them.

And . . . I have NO desire to force all children across America to pray Baptist prayers or read the scriptures that Baptists read or worship the God that Baptists worship.

I wish that ALL Americans were patriotic, loyal, and pledged to allegiance. I think that all Americans should stand proudly for the National Anthem. But I'm not going to MAKE them. Either they WANT to --- like me --- or they don't.

Many schools across America teach the Theory of Evolution as if it is NOT A THEORY. They teach children in their elementary classes about sexual orientation and gender identity. There are sex education classes where the virtues of Planned Parenthood are extolled and every class member is sent home with a pocket full of condoms!!

And you want THESE SAME PEOPLE leading your children in PRAYER? I don't even want these people leading my children in a moment of silence!

Do you want the fools in Washington to pass laws governing prayers and praying . . . . . ANYWHERE? What kind of laws would those idiots pass?

I know what you mean.

And I know what you want.

But it is NEVER going to be like it was in Mrs. Ryan's First Grade Class -- not ever again.

My kids . . . and our Grand Kids are going to learn everything that they need to know about God and Country . . . and we're never going to depend on the public school system to address those important things.

There are STILL many great teachers and school administrators out there in the school system. They're not ALL Rounders -- but I do not want ANY of them teaching my kids how to pray or how to be good citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment